E&PDE2018 20th International Conference on Engineering & Product Design Education
The E&PDE conference will bring together representatives from education and industry who have an interest in sharing new perspectives on design education. The conference will provide a forum for educators, practitioners and students from product development, engineering and industrial design, together with industry to discuss current educational issues and the nature of design education now and in the future.Conference Theme Diversity or Conformity?
A series of pressures, whether real or perceived, such as accreditation, competition and financial restraints has led to standardisation and norming in the educational experience and output produced by universities across the world within a specific subject area. Nevertheless universities and their staff teams pride themselves on distinctiveness in the educational pathway and on the unique characteristics of their specific university and associated departments.
This year’s conference theme Diversity or Conformity? aims to explore how educators tackle the seemingly dualistic relationship between diversity and conformity.
The conference aims to:
- Explore how different perspectives on diversity can help the design and engineering domains
- Explore norming pressures in design, engineering and education
- Seek new perspectives on what “diversity in design and engineering” means and involves
These aims will be addressed through the following conference topics related to Engineering and Product Design Education:
- Design and engineering education in practice
- Industrial involvement in design and engineering education
- Creativity and innovation in design and engineering education
- Ethics and social issues in design and engineering education
- Assessment methods in design and engineering education
- New design and engineering education paradigms
- Student papers related to design and engineering education
- Aesthetics and cultural practice in design and engineering education
- Design and engineering education for the general public
In keeping with the inclusive ethos of the E&PDE conference and to broaden the opportunities to link design, engineering and business with creativity and innovation, other stream proposals are welcomed. We invite you to send your ideas for other relevant topics to email@example.com.
Copyright 21st Century PEI 2021
Designed and developed by IOM3